PWCA Board of Directors
Fall Meeting Summary
October 20, 2012
1. President Ron Kanaskie called to order at 5:10pm
2. Treasurers Report: Frank Wadas approved ($11,770.71 balance)
3. Minutes: Jim Clark approved
4. For wrestlers to receive scholarships, or all-academic status, their coach MUST be a member of PWCA – passed unanimously
5. Fall Convention Report – Walt Fisk; reported another successful convention with outstanding presenters.
6. NWCA Summer Convention – Walt Fisk; attended in Ft. Lauderdale, August 2nd-5th as our representative; very outstanding coaches convention!
7. Hall of Fame – Norm Palovcsik; after voting there are 13 inductees for 2013. Hall of Fame Spring Banquet will be held Sunday, May 19th at 12:00 noon in the State College Ramada Inn on Atherton Street.
8. State “Rules” Meeting – President Kanaskie reminded everyone of the meeting Thursday evening of states at approximately 8:30 in the “Green Room” at the Giant Center. Also, the spring PWCA Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for 10:00 am before the Spring Hall of Fame Banquet at State College.
9. PWCA has endorsed the PJW in their endeavor to conduct a Jr. High State Championship…motion passed unanimously.
10. Everyone needs to be a promoter of our sport!!!!!
11. Meeting adjourned at 6:30.